Why train with us?
Our School Direct Partnership is an exciting Teacher Education Training Route for top graduates, in partnership with University of St Mark & St John (Marjon). Our training programme uses a variety of school based settings from within the partnership, enabling trainees to experience a wide range of different learning environments. We are offering School Direct places for those interested in teaching in EYFS, Key Stage One and Key Stage Two.
As a School Direct trainee, you will be enrolled alongside PGCE students at University of St Mark & St John with access to the full range facilities, resources and both social and academic opportunities. As a full member of the University you will benefit from all key events that are arranged.
From day one, trainees will be school based and a part of a school team, working with outstanding teachers and mentors in our schools. School Direct brings together all the necessary elements required for excellence in Initial Teacher Education and Training; this is built upon a partnership of expert school based practitioners and our experienced accrediting provider, University of St Mark & St John. The programme brings teacher education pedagogy and up to date research within a school based setting, providing enriched, school based essential classroom experiences that allows you to put theory into practice as you develop into an outstanding teacher.
The School Direct programme duration is one academic year (September - July), during which time you will be based in a home school and to ensure a breadth of experience you will undertake a number of high quality school placements across our Partner schools, as well as a bespoke programme of training developed and delivered by University lecturers and outstanding teachers.
Our programme has been designed to build your confidence and subject knowledge and give you the necessary skills to become an outstanding classroom teacher. On completion of your training you will be awarded a PGCE and Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). All graduates of our Schools Direct programmes will be confident, passionate, knowledgeable and reflective teachers.
It is expected that as a reflective, highly developed, newly qualified teacher, you will secure employment either directly with your host school or in one of our partner schools, upon successful completion of the programme.
Our School Direct Partnership is offering places on the School Direct Training Programme for trainees interested in teaching in EYFS, Key Stage One and Key Stage two.
Why choose our School Direct Programme?
- Primary Excellence Teaching School has an excellent track record of developing and supporting new teachers into the profession.
- A wide range of schools within the Partnership offering outstanding training and placements within a wide range of different contexts.
- A dedicated host school and mentor with a contrasting placement school both within one of our partner schools.
- Experienced subject knowledge experts both within the Partnership schools and University of St Mark & St John.
- Higher Education Institute provider partnership with University of St Mark & St John.
- Training leading to the award of a P.G.C.E (Post Graduate Certificate of Education) with Qualified Teacher Status.
- Placements and visits to other partnership schools including a Special school and schools from a different phase to the one in which you aim to teach.
- We recognise that each trainee teacher has individual needs. Our programme is designed to help meet your needs whether they are in subject knowledge, teaching skills or other aspects of professional practice.
- The process of auditing needs starts at interview. Shortly after you are offered a place on the programme, we will contact you to agree pre-course tasks and reading. This is the start of a process of audit, learning and review which directs your development towards qualified teacher status
- Staff in our Partnership Schools will be fully trained and committed to giving every support to trainees on the programme. We welcome you and look forward to developing your teaching career with you.
- We want you to enjoy your time with us.