NQT Appropriate Body
Primary Excellence Teaching School is registered as an APPROPRIATE BODY for the professional Induction of NQTS.
It is a statutory requirement that a NQT cannot start their induction year until an Appropriate Body has been agreed. The induction is a bridge between initial teacher training and becoming a fully qualified teaching professional. It combines a personalised programme of development and support with an assessment of performance against the relevant standards. The induction is completed across the equivalent of three school terms and includes an assessment at the end of each term. It is the Appropriate Body that makes the decision as to whether an NQT has met the Teachers’ Standards.
Schools that purchase the Appropriate Body service will benefit from high quality guidance, support and resources for NQTs and their Mentors to ensure you meet all of your statutory requirements.
As the Appropriate Body, Primary Excellence will work closely with Head Teachers to ensure:
- A personalised and appropriate induction programme is in place
- That the NQT’s mentor is fully trained and has sufficient time to carry out their role effectively
- That progress is regularly reviewed, assessments made and reports are written each term.
- Where an NQT may be experiencing difficulties, advice and support is given to address areas of performance that require further development
- A final decision is made on whether the NQT’s performance against the relevant standards is satisfactory
We are offering a 10% discount for NQTs registered by July 5th 2019 which reduces the price to just £180.