EYFS - Progression in Maths
Course aim and content:
This is a 1/2 day Training Programme aimed at those EYFS Teachers and Teaching Assistants who are responsible for the teaching and provision of maths opportunities across the EYFS. There will be the opportunity to visit an EYFS Classroom to observe maths in practise, within Continuous Provision.
The session will include theory and research, practical activities, support with planning for progression and ideas for introducing and embedding maths across the wider learning environment.
Aims of the Day:
- To have a clear understanding of the ‘expected’ and ’exceeding’ descriptors for maths.
- To understand what ‘best practice’ in teaching maths is and to know how to apply this to own classrooms.
- To explore maths within Continuous Provision and how to create a learning environment which promotes maths for all.
- To share good practice across schools.
- To develop action plans to take back to own schools.
£55 per delegate (£5 reduction if booked onto EYFS: Progression in Writing)
All resources and refreshments included.
Date of Next Training:
Tuesday 7th November 2017
Blackpool CE Primary School (TQ12 6JB)