Improving Teacher Programme
The Improving Teacher Programme has been designed for teachers with the potential to become consistently good.
The Programme is primarily aimed at teachers who want to advance, develop and improve their teaching practice and deliver consistently good teaching and learning. The programme equips delegates with a range of teaching and learning techniques as well as developing their skills in assessment and questioning. There will be an opportunity to apply these skills in school between each session.
The Improving Teacher Programme is facilitated by outstanding primary practitioners through face to face sessions and classroom observations.
The programme will enable teachers to:
· Understand the key concepts underpinning good practice in the classroom.
· Be aware of the impact of these concepts on good teaching and learning.
· Know how to deliver these concepts through consistent practice.
· Provide pupils with the best possible learning experience.
· Improve standards in their school.
· Work more effectively as an active member of the school team.