Improving Teacher Programme (ITP) (An Olevi accredited programme)
An accredited Olevi programme
The Improving Teacher Programme (ITP) is for teachers with the potential to become consistently good.
The programme is primarily aimed at teachers in their second year of teaching, who want to advance, develop and improve their teaching practice and deliver consistently good teaching and learning. The programme equips delegates with a range of teaching and learning techniques as well as developing their skills in assessment and questioning. There will be an opportunity to apply these skills in school between each session.
The programme will enable teachers to:
- Understand the key concepts underpinning good practice in the classroom.
- Be aware of the impact of these concepts on good teaching and learning.
- Know how to deliver these concepts through consistent practice.
- Provide pupils with the best possible learning experience.
- Improve standards in their school.
- Work more effectively as an active member of the school team.
What will the programme involve?
The programme is delivered over six weeks (six half day sessions) and will be facilitated by outstanding primary practitioners. Teachers will develop practical skills, strategies and pedagogical knowledge which can be used to improve pupil progress.
The ITP is facilitated by outstanding primary practitioners through face-to-face sessions and classroom observations. Participants focus on a range of aspects of teaching and learning such as starters and plenaries, assessment, differentiation, questioning and planning.
Participants will require a mentor from their school to support them in their activities. The mentor should provide support for the teachers to work in their school setting on the practical school based tasks and monitor progress against individual action plans.
Programme content includes discussions and tasks linked to;
- Professional skills audit
- Plenary sessions
- Challenge Learning
- Questioning techniques
- Starter Activities
- Planning lessons
- Engaging in Learning
- There is an expectation that participants will attend all of the sessions.
- Participants will need to have regular meetings with their school mentor.
- Participants will be required to complete the post session challenges and will require time to complete these tasks between sessions.
£575 per delegate. All resources and refreshments included.
Autumn 2018 programme -Blackpool Primary Academy (TQ12 6JB, nr Newton Abbot)
- Session 1: 11th October 2018
- Session 2: 18th October 2018
- Session 3: 1st November 2018
- Session 4: 8th November 2018
- Session 5: 15th November 2018
- Session 6: 22nd November 2018
All sessions start at 8.30 am and end at 12.30 pm. Refreshments are are available on arrival, and mid-morning. Lunch is available on the last day.
Please use the booking form to book a place.