NQT Development Programme
What are the aims of the programme?
The NQT Development Programme aims to provide regular, half termly training alongside regular school visits to deepen teachers’ understanding of effective classroom practice, introducing and consolidating new knowledge, skills and strategies, and focusing on what makes excellent teaching and learning.
NQTs will improve their understanding and classroom practice through facilitated activities and structured opportunities to research and reflect on effective teaching approaches and their impact on improving pupil outcomes.
How will the programme be delivered?
The programme will be delivered by two experienced Programme Mentors, with Specialist Leaders of Education facilitating the taught sessions.
NQTS will be invited to:
- attend face to face professional development days
- network with other NQTs within the programme
- visit a number of schools over the year
- partner up with an NQT +1 who will be their ‘Buddy’ throughout the year
Face to face professional development days will cover:
- Assessment and Marking
- Book Scrutiny
- Learning Environments and Behaviour
- Lesson Observations
- Reflection on Practice