Recruitment of SLE's
Who can apply
- You need to have been in a leadership role under the headteacher for at least two years. Your headteacher will be asked to confirm that you are in an appropriate role.
- You can be from any type or phase of school.
- You do not need to be in an outstanding school or a school that is part of a teaching school alliance, as long as your school has the capacity to release you to work in other schools.
- You must have at least one specialism from our areas of expertise, which are based on the 4 areas of focus for Ofsted.
|Ofsted focus||Areas of expertise|
|Leadership and management||Academies and academy transition; assessment; leadership of continuing professional development; school business management and financial management; leadership of curriculum|
|Pupil achievement||Art; closing the gap; drama; design and technology; early years; English; geography; history; information and communication technology; maths; modern foreign languages; music; phonics; physical education; personal, social and health education; religious education; science; special educational needs; support for the most able pupils|
|Quality of teaching||Initial teacher training and newly qualified teacher development|
|Behaviour and safety||Behaviour and discipline; attendance|
To be successful in your application, you should have:
- a successful track record of working effectively within your own school and/or across a group of schools, or working with a range of leaders within a single school
- evidence of successfully using coaching and/or facilitation skills to bring about sustainable improvements
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- an understanding of what constitutes ‘outstanding’ in your field of expertise and the ability and confidence to communicate this
- an understanding of how your specialism and skills can contribute to wider school improvement goals
- an analytical approach in identifying and prioritising needs
- the ability to set and establish new and innovative working practices
- the ability to grow leadership capacity in others
We are not currently recruiting any new SLEs. However, you can register your interest in becoming an SLE for the Primary Excellence Teaching School, by emailing Angela Jenkins (email@example.com).